Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 70 – Weekend Temptations (Again) And A Surprising Race

Dear G, as L wakes me up so many times at night I'm usually starving when I finally go down the stairs to have breakfast. So how do think my moral and motivation was when I came down this morning and found this bread? Doesn't it look delicious? I can tell you, it IS! 
It's my husband again. He still goes to the crime scene, the dreadful Valhallabageriet that has so many of my extra kilos at it's conscious. 

What am I to do about all those Weekend Temptations?
The answer must be: have some, then go running.

And I surely did – today I even ran my first official race. So much sooner then I could ever imagine! 
Had decided to use the slot time when A plays tennis to run by the water when I realized there was something going on. High speakers, empty water mugs, lots of well-trained people running at my path. All of a sudden I was actually running IN a race. Someone kept running behind my shoulder, breathing in my ear. Then he left, but there came another one. And another. And another. 
They were like flies. But bigger, and so much more alike axe murders. 
I wanted to shout that I just started running less then a week ago, and I practically just got out of the hospital giving birth to three 4.3–4.8-babies. Let me go!
It seems so rude, running close to someone like that, but they all do it. Use people for wind shells, or to rest behind. Quite chocking, if you ask me.

But after a while I thought it was a little fun, because they were so well trained, and still I could (almost) hold their pace. 
That was before I realized that they ran 50k. As opposed to my 5k.
It was the Ultra50k-race. Never, ever heard about it. Did you? 
It was quite exiting seeing how they ran. They take so low steps, like they were about to die soon. And still they run so fast. Will have to try to copy that…

On food and my husbands cooking: No, he doesn't give me lessons!! I used to give him lessons, nota bene. When we met I was editor-in-chief of a Food magazine, and I kind of teached him everything he knows. After I gave birth to A, he took over the kitchen. And he won't give it back! I long for cooking, but since he cooks so well my fight is a bit lame. Though the teacher is a little chocked by the talented pupil.

Finally and most important; I'm so happy about your license and that you finally passed the feared theory-test! Though I really don't think you should give up the dream of being the first female Swedish astronaut. 

WORKOUT: 5k, my fastest since I got the Nike+, thanks to those crazy 50k-people.
FOOD & DRINKS: 1 (huge) slice of white bread for breakfast, 1 glass of red wine, fried apples and ice cream after dinner – otherwise good.
WEIGHT: – 2.5 kg

No comments:

Post a Comment