Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 74 – Is She Ready To Sail?

Dear G, I must say that the school start of a firstborn is a big thing. As of course the school start of any child.
It's breathtaking.
My bright and beautiful girl is so big, but she is also quite vulnerable. I love her so much and I can't help thinking about that Swedish children used to start school at 7. A is only 5.5 years old. Is she ready to sail?

Yes, she is. Many of the children cried at the schoolyard saying goodbye to their parents. A. went away with a big smile on her face. She loves the school, she loves the 2 year older girl that is taking care of her those first day. And she loves the idea of getting to know and learn more. Or should I say everything?
While A was at school for 3.5 hours I used some time running in the sunshine. I went by the water (like I usually do) and ran 8k. It was so beautiful! Like you, I have some marks on the road. One is this sailing boat. Isn't she a beauty? 

About obsession: I already guessed that you've got a little o from just looking on the challenge. As we have known each other for 3.5 years now, I also know that competition "fires you up". Personally I think that we all are drawn between laziness and wanting to win, and that to get something done a little competition is required. All great artists and sportsmen are obsessed. Obsession is not always a bad thing. 
I've also gotten a little fired up. Or a lot. I try to figure out how I can make up for all that I missed in April (and March) and make very optimistic plans. How many k can a new starter run each week? 

WORKOUT: 8 km + some yoga
FOOD & DRINKS: tasted some of my friend's cookie, but only a small piece. 
WEIGHT: – 2.0 kg

ps the to do-list will always be long. It is its nature. ds

1 comment:

  1. We took the kids on a week long sailing trip last summer. Total Daredevils-quite scary when stuck in storm.
    Our conclusion family sailing fantastic. Sailing lessons which are for free out at Runmarö must wait until they can swim and fairly well.

    ReplyDelete