Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day 11 + 12 Automatic Pilot


Dear C,

I could have had 3 headings for days 11 and 12. Both sun and sleep deprivation are on my mind. I guess they fit under "Automatic Pilot" because that seems to be the mode I am in. Automatic Pilot can be a little scary. We just go without even having to really think about it. For example, I often turn towards the dagis at the light even if I am not headed in that direction I drive to work without even thinking about it, have the kids in bed at 7:30... Is life that monotonous?

The snow doesn´t even brighten up the weather at this point. Swedes are said to report in sick more often than other European workers. Must be because of the weather. Is Seasonal Affective Disorder real ? Does the high suicide rate stem from lack of sunlight? There must be something to this-the small talk about weather, the fact that we all crave the light, that I fear I may be blinded by the sun when it does come out, or that I constantly dream about an out of reach vacation to the Carribean or anywhere sunny. These ideas must also come from something else. Sleep Deprivation-oh how I could go on... but I will spare you this sad letter and wish you a sleep filled night with sun in the morning!

XXG
Workout: Tuesday: no exercise unless dancing with M to ABBA for 10 minutes counts. Weds. 4.27 km run, 15 min stretch
Food: Nothing really to report. Nothing really yummy or bad in.

No comments:

Post a Comment