Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 18 – Sun Salutation

Dear G, wasn't this the best day for a restart I could possibly pick? Blue sky, brilliant sun – and that dirty snow was finally beaten by Spring and her friends. 
Spring means new start!
I went running. Thought I had all settled, with new play list and perfect clothing for 7° and just a little wind. Or not so perfect… First I realized I had forgot to move the playlist from my computer to the Ipod. Then it was very obvious I had far too much clothes on. 
Stopped halfway to do yoga in the sunshine on a porch looking out on the frozen bay. You know that outdoor yoga is the new thing? You just catch the moment, do some poses and let yourself be one with nature and sun. The optimal sun salutation, saluting Sun right under it. (Though what you see here is Salamba Sarvangasana, supported shoulderstand, performed in Nike shoes.)
But even though that yoga pause was both trendy and very nice, it turned out to be a stupid idea. When running again my body said: "WHAT ARE WE DOING?" YOU SAID WE'D RELAX! I WON'T RUN ANYMORE!" Was too warm, too tired, in too bad shape or whatever… I had to walk the last km. 
Lesson learned: missing workout will be punished.

WORK OUT: 4 km running, 1 km walking, 20 + 20 min yoga. Won't tell you how slowly I ran.
FOOD & DRINKS: Good breakfast, some knäckebröd at 10, roasted chicken leftovers for lunch with avocado (strange but nice), Asiatic dinner with beef, mushrooms, cucumber, lime and white rice for dinner.
WEIGHT: As already reported yesterday -1.1 kg

No comments:

Post a Comment