Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 12 – 17 A Wasted Week

Dear G, I'm so sorry. I lost track. I didn't go running, didn't do any yoga or any other work out. Some days, I didn't even get out of the house. 
And, worst of all, I didn't even write about in. Remember what we said: no blog-post before bedtime means that we went to the hospital with a sick kid. 
I didn't write, and I didn't go to the hospital. But L had that disgusting winter vomit thing again (we'll have to buy a new carpet in the living room…) and there was all that snow…
I loved your post about winter depression and here is what I wanted to answer you: You are now not only a Swedish citizen – you are also a Swede. Don't know if you've read the articles in Dagens Nyheter about what it is to be Swedish, but I think you have the answer. 
It is not how you look; it's not how good your Swedish is, how much you know about Swedish culture or how long you've lived here. It's only about the light. How you miss it, how you close your eyes and let it hit your face whenever you have an opportunity, how you get undressed as soon as it's warm enough… Or that is, long before it's warm enough.
Ok, I admit, I changed subject, but that snow made me depressed, and L & J were sick, and then I needed the coffee and had two cookies I found… 
Saturday, we went to that party I told you about. I had so much champagne and oysters and met so nice people. I felt alive again. Not just stuck in this suburb living, getting more tired, more pale, less successful… 
So Sunday I had a really bad hangover, ate buns, Monday sick kid again, Tuesday went to town for job interview. 
But to day I AM RESTARTING! Snow is gone, spring is here, there are flowers in my garden and I am about to put on my jogging sneakers! 
Don't give up, come running with me!

WORKOUT: None except for some short walks.
FOOD& DRINKS: what didn't I have? Or, that is, day 12 was ok, had those cookies day 13, day 14 was a nightmare (or a magic night) with all that champagne and everything, day 15: not mentionable, day 16: now forgotten, day 17: had sushi and some dark chocolate, also raspberry smoothie with sad kids. But now change is here!
WEIGHT: Miraculously still -1.1 kg. I can and will do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment