Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 2 Turn Up The Heat!

Dearest C,
Today was a bit of a reality check. Back to work after winter vacation. Mine was extra-long as I had 2 sick days with 3 year old M beforehand. A struggle to get out of the house.
Managed to stay away from the coffee, and staff room treats such as chocolate, cake or very delicious shortbread cookies.
Had a bit of luxury as farfar and farmor picked up kids so I went to Friskis on my way home from work. Didn´t love the idea of Friskis but thought of a little reward at the end-THE SAUNA. Here is where I realized its not just the working out that I had missing in my life...its time alone! When is the last time you had a shower without a little head popping in?
In Finland, the sauna is thought of as a healing refreshment. The old saying goes: "Jos ei viina, terva tai sauna auta, tauti on kuolemaksi." ("If booze, tar, or the sauna won't help, the illness is fatal.") Although many socialize in the sauna a polite nod to the other naked woman was just fine with me! Deep breath -my 7 minutes in this wooden box was fantastic.

Food: yogurt, banana, musli for breakfast, apple snack, mish mash of school salad for lunch, 2 rice cakes for snack, Tuna with veggies for dinner. Had 1 coffee and 2 cups of tea, then only water.

Workout: 3.24 km on treadmill 22 min, and 10 min. of exercise ball.

XXG

No comments:

Post a Comment