Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 5 – Motivation Can Be Bought

Dearest G, I heard on the radio that a scientist found out that running improves 13% if listening to music. Not 12 or 14 %, but 13. 
Isn't that amazing? 
And isn't it even more amazing that in my case, that figure is 660%. 
I tried it out today: without music I'd walk after 0.5. With 1. Used To Love You by John Legend, 2. She Don't Have To Know, by John Legend, 3. Alright by John Legend and 4. I Can Change by John Legend I made 3.3 km.

I know, the playlist is too short and it lacks variation, but in this battle against marriage+pregancies-gained kilos John Legend is my third best freind. I love it how it sounds like he has a cold when he is singing. How you almost hear his breathing. 

My second best friend is my Nike+Ipod, that little machine that gives my own personal trainer and tells me how fast, how far and how often I have been running.
Would'nt get the jogging shoes on my feet without that. Or if I did, I'd only walk.

And my best friend against these added kilos is of corse – YOU! I'm so glad we are doing this. And I'm so glad you have accepted my challenge to run as far as possible in 100 days. 
I know you're in the lead, but just you wait. 
Here comes John Legend and I!

WORKOUT: 3,3 km in 22 min. Then 20 min yoga, then hysterical vacuum cleaning for 15 min. Doesn't count, I know, but it's what makes my husband slim. 
FOOD&DRINKS Ordinary breakfast, sandwich with Brie and tomato at 9.30AM, forgot lunch, yoghurt with müsli for snack and a nice dinner cooked by my husband: a salad of bulgur, beef, tomato, chèvre, broccoli and other good things.
WEIGHTLOSS: only 0.9 kg today. Was apparently to lazy yesterday. 
Your friend,
C


No comments:

Post a Comment