Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 42 – 44 Running Out (Of Everything)

Dear G&C2, this summer seems to be running out of sunny days.
We're running out of vacation days.
Our garden must be running out with patience with us.
Also fear that our neighbours at home are running out of patience with our garden.
So we're running out of time in our special Summer village.
I'm running out of ambition to take summerish photos.
I long for home and I don't want to leave.
There are so many things that we planned that we still haven't done. Still need more time with my family, still need more bathing. Still need to swim with A, both in pool and sea.
But worst of all: my Nike+ sensor is running out of battery! Totally.

I've ordered one from apple.com but it hasn't arrived, and maybe it wont until after we have left. So then I wont have a sensor in Stockholm either. How will I ever get close to beating G without a sensor?

WORKOUT: Day 42 and 43, before my sensor gave up, I ran a little more than 6k each day. The strangest thing happened day 43 as I ran along the sea. All of a sudden there were men in costumes and women in cocktail dresses. I thought there must be a wedding going on, and then I saw the bride and groom. But when I came closer I saw they were in their 50's, had wet hair and wore bathrobes. They laughed when I told them about my misunderstanding and pointed out the real bride and groom on the rocks.
They're not running out of time. For them life (as married) just started! It's good to think about, isn't it?

C2 I'm so glad you're running and G I'm happy you'll join my yoga. Try to stay calm until I get my new sensor, will'ya? And C2, take it easy. Like Murakami says: you should stop running when you feel that you still could keep on going.
About wine: yep, the 100 days club learns that you have to mind BOTH the workout and the food&drinks. We have proved that so many times. Just have to learn to live like we learn…

No comments:

Post a Comment