Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 69 – What Things Are And What They Seem To Be

Dear G, with the 2-yearold safe at preschool, the mom all of a sudden has some time by herself. Time to work at daytime instead of late nights. And time to run.
After some time with the computer I deciced to go running.
Putting my shoes on I was a little irritated. Don't you think this parking is kind of odd? But then I thought that my neighbour must have forgotten something and rushed back to his house. We all do some rushing at times, don't we?
It was such a beautiful day. Nothing to complain about, except my strange tiredness. I ran so slowly! And had to stop several times, though I only did a short thing.
Running and thinking about if I should blame my cold or that I trained to little, I, very surprisingly, met my strange parking neighbour RUNNING. I know he is like a marathon runner,
but does he have to be so desperate about his running that he leaves his car like that?
Next thing I met this elegant horse, minding his own business. So I decided to do the same.
And running by the water I felt so happy. I'm out of shape, I will get a lousy time Sunday, but I'm so glad that I'm running and worst case scenario I will have an opportunity to improve September 27.

But when I came back the car was still there. Obviously he had decided to use our tree to get some shade. But is that ok?
I hate it when our car is hot too, and I have small children, but I wouldn't park like that. Would you?
Thinking about if I should talk to the man or not I did some yoga, which always gets me in a very relaxed and understanding mood. There are far worse things that peoples uneducated parkings, don't you think?
So I went in, took a shower, made some lunch – and then the door bell rang.
And there was this particular neighbour surprising me again, but this time all white in his face, screaming: WHAT HAPPENED?
Just that.
Nothing else.
What happened?
I had no clue. Was there another 9/11?
Had he gone totaly insane? Or did I do something?
I said I don't know what you're talking about.
He said: MY CAR! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CAR? WHY HAS IT MOVED?
He didn't park it like that.
It had moved about 20 m and stopped at our fence.
I couldn't help laughing, but the guy was quite upset. And obviously he had to do something about his breaks.

So dear G, what do we learn from this story?
Things are not always what they seem to be.
People should consider that before they get angry at cars.
Or at teachers leaving early.

WORKOUT: I did a new calibration (1k) and ran another slow 5. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment