Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 58 Rush, Rush, Rush

Dear C,
For me it´s not the actual work that stresses me out. I like my job, have great colleagues, and am growing professionally. Something that I have really missed in the past few years. So what is it that gives me Nackspärr? It is the Rushing. Rushing to get the kids to dagis when it opens at 8 and to work by 8:30. This is almost impossible, as its inevetable that you hit construction, traffic weather, police checks all which I pray to avoid while rushing in automatic pilot to Djursholm. As a teacher, you don´t really want to arrive after or with the children especially if the principal is standing at the gate greeting everyone-including me (rushing in). As the day progresses I rush around the school to do the tasks, that go with being a teacher. All parents should take this into consideration because being a teacher includes wearing many hats (even though most think its so great with the hours and summers free). We pay for it in, planning, setting up, correction, leveling, meetings, parent collaberation. Trust me there isn´enough time in the day not to rush. Then I rush from work back the other direction to pick up my angels-hoping that they are not the last ones left at 15:40.

Now I understand that many parents live life rushing- I wonder how to fit in "necessary" appointments. Today for C´s eyes, M´s 4 year check at the BVC, telephone times. running, yoga etc. Then what about the not so crucial but necessary times for hair cuts, socializing, kids b-day parties. Do I want to spend the weekend rushing to get the laundry done, vacuuming and so on?

How do we not rush? Either we move North, or compromise. It has to come not only from within, but in my case my hubby. We must take the time to remember about life, smell the roses, go for a run, do yoga, call friends for help, all before we do it over again.

RUN NOT RUSH!
Still taking it easy today. Food fine though if I had chocolate in the house I would have eaten it all! Was craving it.
What could the mid-winter goal be? Tough to wait for May for half-marathon. I think you could do marathon. Wíll give you book to read.
XXG

No comments:

Post a Comment