Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 47 - 48 At Home And Pissed Off

Dear G & C2, we made it home, after many hours of packing and on the road with everything that comes of it: McDonalds lunch, car candy and car buns. And no workout whatsoever. So what did we find when we came home? There was no lawn but a meadow and this is what our hedge looked like. (I have stolen the drawing from my friend Maria Lindroos' blog.) But though CJ and I was in chock the kids were truly happy, both to be home and to be able to eat all the berries. Come and have a taste!
As my new sensor arrived just before we left Skåne I was exited to go out to run, and of course calibrate it. What a joke: first the thing said it was out of battery. The Ipod just wouldn't get that I had a new sensor. After starting and restarting it admitted it was new. Then I calibrated on 1k, but afterwards it said: Calibration succeded on 400m. So I had to do it again. And again. And again. And again… Alltogether I calibrated six times on 1k each, and five times it said "calibrated on 400m". The sixth it didn't admit it calibrated at all. I tried to run a k to see if it worked anyhow. Then it said that the k I ran was 0.54. I was so angry I wouldn't run home.
So the result of running more than 7.5k is… 1.64k!
The only thing that would have made me happy after that was a dive in C2's pool. It looks so good!
Or having a dinner cooked by my favorite chef, which I did have…
Another thing: Maybe I should make a remark saying what day C2 started? Which day was it? Also wonder if we have different competitions for walking and running? It's a little difficult to compare, isn't it? Even if I totaly agree: we are all winners and we're not competing each others but ourselves.
And the Nike+!

Tomorrow I'll calibrate at 400m, just as the thing demands… Or just work on the hedges…

No comments:

Post a Comment