Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 70 TGIF


Dear C,
Sometimes you have to just clear your head and move ahead. That is why I headed out early on a beautiful sunny morning. This to remind myself about the most important things in life.
On drinking coffee: I try to limit to one fantastic, strong cup in the morning but if I was offered a "gourmet" coffee I would take it. I don´t go for the nescafĂ© or even tea that much. One thing though is I would not try and stop drinking it a week before a race! Why, because your body is used to it, and if anything it will work against you.
In fact, a cup of coffee 1 hour before a race may do you good! That is what I am planning.
As for race day-There is no reason to be nervous. We are out there to do the absolute best we can (remember its far better than you would have done 70 days ago). Could we have trained more or in a different way? Probably but the most important thing is not to injure yourself trying to do too much too fast. Me, I will perhaps hold back in a slower start group, wear my ipod, and walk if I have to. Finishing is great, time not as important right now. Because the first 70 days of the club has been a success and really it´s a benchmark for improvement.
I can guess who told you that marathon thing-and it´s certainly no secret. You have seen the poster in our front hall? I completed the 100th Boston marathon in 2001. But really it was another time, and place in life.
My little M turns 4 tomorrow! I love her so. So we will have a little party before the wedding. Ohh, too much. What time shall we leave for the start?
XXG

No comments:

Post a Comment