Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 56 – Picking Berries, Making Plans

Dear G, how strange, picking loads of black, white and red currants today (yes, I'm making jam) I was thinking about what goal we should have with our next club to keep us motivated over winter.
So instead of answering your proposal I make you another one – let's consider them both before we make a decision.
Did you ever hear about En svensk klassiker – A Swedish Classic? It's a man proof – but nowadays there is a Womens version, Tjejklassikern, so I guess you could call it a woman proof…
After completing it you get a diploma, and if you want to a silver (or gold) jewel to show that you are "in". To qualify you'll have to finish an event in all four diciplines (skiing, biking, swimming and running) and yet only 4 959 women have done it! This is what needs to be done:

Tjejvasan – 30 km skiing in Dalarna, February 27.
Tjejvättern – 100 km biking in Southern Sweden, starting and ending in Motala, June 12.
Vansbro tjejsim – 1 km swimming upwards Västerdalsälven (a cold canal), July 10.
The forth challenge is of course Lidingö tjejlopp, but that we already are planning to do September 27.

A third possibility might be Kungsholmen runt, a half marathon in Stockholm May 8. Then we could have an Autumn/Winter club about October 8 – January 15 (with what goal?) and a Spring club January 29 – May 8.

WORKOUT: L held me awake between 2 and 5.30 am tonight, so I was really tired and also had some pain after the running yesterday, but I ran 3 k and did sit ups while waiting for kids to sleep.

And dear Readers: I'm very impressed by G's 58.50 for 10 k Lidingöloppet tjejmil, which is a much better time than my 55.42 on Tjejmilen. As opposed to hilly Lidingöloppet the Tjejmilen is a flat thing and much easier. I also stopped A LOT.

ps: An Easter in Paris would be oh-so-lovely, but do we get to drink any champagne? ds

No comments:

Post a Comment