Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 57- Vitamin C and Bed

Dear C,
Today, my official first day back at work was a busy one. Everyone is bustling about trying to make things look nice and prepare. Do parents know what teachers do before the kids arrive??
Anyway, I had a smile on my face today even though I didn´t feel that way at all. Yesterday, after my run I just didn´t feel great, and as the day and evening progressed I ended up with nack spar (is this how you say it in Swedish)? I slept terribly because I couldn´t get comfortable and then knew I was in for it. Called the best(I think so) kiropraktor in Sweden Malin Sköld early this morning and she booked me in for this afternoon. An hour of trigger points has helped me out. Though she said tonight, I am officially "sick" and should and will go straight to bed after I have guzzled lots of water. This could have come on because of the wind yesterday, or because I am on the cusp of a cold, or because of a combination of all + a bit of work stress. So with the water I plopped in a vitamin C and will cross my fingers. No running today or tomorrow. If I feel better Weds.
Fun, that we are thinking ahead to the next part of our new found life. Your proposal seems noble. Though I think it would take ski´s, swimming lessons and a new bike for me to get on board. Also, the thought of spending July in Sweden (and swimming) makes me want to run for the hills! Yet, a trip to Paris isn´t exactly free either. BUT a marathon is an exhilerating feeling and really quite a thing to work for in the winter. Open for discussion.
PS: Of course Champagne is included in this trip, along with some pastries as well.
XXG
PSS: Can´wait for the iphone, I see so many things I want pictures of. Should be connected around the 24th!

No comments:

Post a Comment